Warning -- it's not always neat in here! I'm not always dressed well or made up with my hair done ---as always, enter at your own risk!
And just so you know, I sing to the radio ---you may want ear plugs!
When am I on? SOMETIMES in the evening at 9pm Eastern on week nights, as time allows.
Sometimes in the afternoon on Weekends around 2pm Eastern, as time allows.
My MORNING blog post will usually tell you if I'm going to be able to fit Quilt-Cam in somewhere in my day. The best way to know if I will be on is to CHECK THE BLOG directly during the day!
And of course, this is not when I am out of town teaching ---It's a busy life! Quilt-Cam can't be a regular scheduled thing, it's just for fun!
Quilt-Cam is now streaming on Facebook Live and embedded after the fact into the blog posts archived below.
If you are on Facebook -- go to my QuiltvilleFriends Page, like my page and follow me and you will get a notification when I go live from within Facebook. I always send a message ahead of time alerting everyone to the time we are going live so give us a LIKE on Facebook and stay connected!
Posts are also sent through Google+ if you have added me to your circles.
Past Quilt-Cam Archives:
- 4/16/2017: The resurrection of the green "Southern Pride" Class 15 found in Alabama! This is a Quilt-Cam Quicky, only 7 minutes in length.
- 4/4/2017: Four in Nine blocks and a bit of binding! 1953 Black short bed 301 still going strong!
- 3/22/2017: Working on our Leader & Ender Hourglass Challenge! Black 1953 shortbed 301 - Black Betty at the ready!
- 3/6/2017: Square in a Square cutting demo using the Easy Center Square and Essential Triangle Tool rulers! Sewing on my black 1951 301A, Black Betty.
- 2/12/2017: Working on some square in a square units for my Straits of Mackinac Quilt, block found in Quiltmaker's 100 blocks vol 14. Singer 301 just a humming away!
- 1/28/2017: Quilt-Cam Quickie! Only 8 1/2 minutes, sharing the 1960s Singer 500a that I just got up and running, and the cool card table that it fits in. Blue string blocks for the border of Dawn's Early Light in progress.
- 1/25/2017: Dawn's Early Light is getting string borders! 1957 short bed 301, light brown, oyster white, or in other words, the color of a "rootbeer float!"1/15/2017: Stitching binding strips and border string blocks on 1950s Best Built. Short cam, runs 40 minutes.
- 12/18/2016: Sewing on a 1960 Pink Atlas with ressurected Garlic Knots blocks!
- 12/4/2016: Facebook Live from Quilt Villa! Neutral strings on singer 301 long bed.
- 10/25/2016: My New-to-Me 1953 Bernina 117k. More string pumpkins..and who has quilted vests still in the closet??
- 10/16/2016: Our FIRST Facebook Live Session! Whoowhoo! String Pumpkins underway.
- 9/7/2016: Starting some Four in Nine blocks! Still on the green machine --sew much fun!
- 8/7/2016: It took two tries but we got it! 1950s Green Electro-Hygiene and string block assembly!
- 6/11/2016: Garlic Knots and talk about Quilting Addiction! 1950s Modern machine.
- 5/24/2016: More Garlic Knots Blocks! 1950s Bryson machine.
- 5/3/2016: Garlic Knots Blocks on a Singer 500a Rocketeer.
- 3/30/2016: Topsy Turvy Triangles and H blocks on Singer 201-2
- 3/2/2016: More String Blocks and thoughts on politics!
- 2/24/2016: Grey String Blocks
- 1/20/2016: Blue 1950s Home Mark Machine, and more grey string blocks.
- 1/14/2016 Aqua 1950s Necchi Supernova Ultra and Addicted to Scraps column basket blocks.
- 1/7/2016 Aqua 1050s Necchi Supernova Ultra and MORE basket blocks
- 12/16/2015 Making 4 patches on a blue 1950s Morse.
- 11/29/2015 Quilting at the cabin: Singer 301 and joining string blocks.
- 11/15/2015 Neutral String Sashings and a 1967 Wizard Citation.
- 10/2/2015 Last minute sample sewing, A Little Bit Hexie on the 1967 Wizard Citation.
- 9/13/2015 (Two parts, got booted off and started again!) Singer 15 and crumb star blocks.
- 8/25/2015 Singer 227M treadle and crumb star blocks.
- 8/11/2015 Singer 227M treadle and neutral strings for sashings.
- 7/22/2015 Singer 227M treadle and neutral strings for sashings.
- 7/9/2015 1950s pink "Modern" machine and making stepouts for online workshop.
- 6/13/2015 1950s pink "Modern" machine and framed 4 patch blocks
- 6/2/2015 1950s aqua White machine and more Lozenge quilt assembly
- 5/27/2015 1950s aqua White Machine and Lozenge quilt assembly
- 5/12/2015 1950s aqua White Machine and Lozenge quilt assembly
- 4/30/2015 1950s aqua White Machine and Lozenge quilt assembly
- 4/17/2015 1950s "Best Built" machine and framed 4 patch blocks
- 4/7/2015 1950s Singer 404 and Lozenge blocks
- 3/23/2015 1950s Singer 404 and H blocks
- 2/25/2015 1950s Singer 404 and small string blocks for star quilt
- 2/9/2015 1950s green Electro-Hygiene machine and sewing corners to 4 patch units
- 2/3/2015 1950s green Electro-Hygiene machine and sewing corners to 4 patch units
- 12/28/2104 1885 black Singer Improved Family treadle machine, foundation paper piecing kite strings for String Spider Web blocks
- 12/1/2014 1920s black Singer 127 treadle, Scrappy 9-patches getting flip and sew corners to become Dancing Nine Patch pattern
- 11/23/2014 Framing Scrappy 9-patches on pink Atlas for baby quilts
- 11/17/2014 Scrappy 9-patches on 1957 pink Atlas, quilted Carolina Crossroads.
- 11/12/2014 Pink Atlas, using Accuquilt and recycled shirts to build strip sets into 9-patches, need 2 baby quilts.
- 10/21/2014 1950s Pink Atlas, assembling String Spider Web units
- 10/1/2014 1950s Wizard, made by Brother in Japan, Sticky seam guides, binding, hanging sleeve, label on red and white quilt Copper & forest green metallic HOUSEHOLD machine, circa 1950s. String Spider Webs
- 9/8/2014 Box Kite Blocks with 1950's Brother machine
- 8/18/2014 Blue 1950’s Brother machine, Carolina Chain blocks
- 7/30/2014 1948 black Singer 201-2 in cabinet, String Spider Web
- 7/22/2014 1948 black Singer 201-2 in cabinet, String Spider Web
- 7/15/2014 Joe Cool 'Wizard' by Brother, sold in the USA through Western Auto stores and catalogues in the 1950s, early 1960s. Drafting yellow kites for String Spider Web
- 7/2/2014 1950s pink Necchi Supernova Ultra and more String Spider Webs, foundation paper pieced
- 6/18/2014 String Star revamp ramps up with 50's 'Best Built' machine
- 6/2/2014 String Spider Web comes forward from 'time out' to be stitched on 'Best Built' aqua blue and cream 50's machine
- 5/15/2014 Late 50's aqua blue and cream 'Best Built' straight stitch machine, using an Accuquilt cutter, red and white four patches
- 4/23/2014 Necchi green and white Supernova Ultra, new small ironing station, 4.5" diagonal blocks from recycled shirt strings
- 4/2/2014 1957 pink Atlas machine, binding the Wonky Wishes quilt
- 3/25/2014 pink Atlas machine, 4.5" diagonal recycled shirt strings for Cheddar Sampler Quilt
- 3/3/2014 1920's Singer 27 or 127? also shown 12/1 episode. (Sphinx/Winged Victory?) treadle, Neutral string sashing for Wonky Wishes Stars
- 2/6/2014 Jamestown Landing 'Step Outs' for taping of the Quilt Show, diagonal shirt fabric strings
- 1/27/2014 1955 black Singer 99, Wonky Wishes Star blocks, rare Singer penguin walking foot
- 1/13/2014 Light green Japanese style 15 Electro-Hygiene, Wonky Wishes Star blocks
- 12/28/2013 Green Electro Hygiene machine, Wonky Wishes blocks made from Maverick Stars Two parts, #1 26 minutes, #2 1 hour.
- 12/18/2013 Singer 201-2 AH843591 which dates her to 1948. Cheddar Sampler rows webbed and ready for assembly
- 12/4/2013 short bed mocha 301, cornerstones for Cheddar Sampler
- 11/16/2013 Cheddar Sampler progress on Japanese blue model 15 Morse
- 11/11/2013 Singer mocha 227M. Foundation paper pieced 2.5" recycled fabric sashings
- 10/31/2013 1950s pink MODERN machine, Boxy Stars progress
- 10/22/2013 1950s pink MODERN machine, building Boxy Stars using Scrap Users system 2.5" strips
- 10/14/2013 Serata hand-crank machine, black and scrappy square in a squares foundation paper piecing
- 9/30/2013 Singer Improved Family, a fiddle base machine with a coffin top in a smaller table. Using plastic tubing for treadle belt. String pieced sashing for the Cheddar Sampler
- 9/24/2013 Late 40's/Early 50's Viking Husqvarna Nordic model 12! in green. Foundation paper pieced square in a square for Cheddar Sampler.
- 9/14/2013 Green Japanese 15 model (?). Foundation paper piecing square in a square corner stones for the all things orange blocks.
- 8/28/2013 Singer mocha and brown treadle (?model #) making crumb strips into big crumb blocks
- 8/14/2013 Japanese light green Electro Hygiene machine, Crumb strips, tips for 2013 leader ender project Split Nine Patches
- 7/17/2013 Japanese blue model 15 Morse. Real life with no eyebrows :) Crumb blocks and strips.
- 7/2/2013 Singer 15-30 Treadle, diagonal string blocks, 47 minutes.
- 6/23/2013 Mocha and Cream Singer 301A, assembling Crumb blocks
- 5/29/2013 Foundation paper piecing tips with Crumbs and strips on Singer Red Eye treadle
- 5/24/2013 1953 mocha Singer 227M short shank, sewing bindings for the two Dancing Nine Patch baby quilts including how to do Triangle labels
- 5/14/2013 Singer Treadle (?model) using scrap user system to make strip sets for quick 9-patches, inner border for Dancing Nine Patch baby quilt
- (two parts, #1 35 minutes, #2 1 hour)
- 5/7/2013 Pink Atlas, more progress on Dancing Nine Patches, setting ideas for simple blocks.
- 4/23/2013 Pink Atlas, plaid and stripe 9-patchs well on the way to being Dancing Nine Patch babyquilt
- 4/17/2013 Pink Atas, leader ender plaids and stripes growing into baby quilt project
- 4/6/2013 Pink Atlas, how to web blocks
- 3/27/2013 Singer treadle, (?model) Sisters Choice
- 3/18/2013 Singer treadle, Sisters Choice -How to cut stripes for direction, Bonus triangles
- 3/15/2013 1958 Necchi Super Nova green/white, Defining neutrals, Sisters Choice remake